When it comes to choosing between HubSpot CMS and Wix for your next website, you need to make an informed decision. Before you jump in, it's crucial to grasp the fundamentals. That's why we've broken down the key points to guide you toward a more informed choice.
understanding Wix and HubSpot
Wix is a versatile and user-friendly cloud-based web development platform that empowers users to create HTML5 websites and mobile sites with ease. With its drag-and-drop tools and pre-designed templates, Wix makes the website-building process accessible to both novice users and experienced developers alike.
The platform's drag-and-drop editor allows users to arrange and customize elements on their websites without any coding knowledge. Whether you want to add text, images, videos, or interactive features, Wix's editor makes it simple to achieve the desired layout and design. Additionally, Wix offers a wide range of templates and features, providing users with ample options to create a professional-looking website that reflects their unique style and branding.
On the other hand, HubSpot is a comprehensive software company that focuses on helping businesses grow through marketing, sales, and service tools. HubSpot's products are divided into distinct functional modules called hubs but work seamlessly together as a comprehensive tool stack.
Here's a brief rundown of the different hubs:
- The Sales hub enables sales teams close deals by providing tools to manage contacts, agreements, and tasks.
- The Marketing hub helps marketers attract more leads and convert them into customers.
- The Service hub allows customer service and support teams to perform their jobs effectively through the use of support tickets, feedback surveys, and knowledge base articles.
- The CMS hub helps website owners and developers build and manage websites.
The HubSpot content management system (CMS) helps businesses create their websites with a focus on ease of use, personalization, and data-driven insights. It supports managing pages, blog posts, forms, and other types of content. It also includes tools for managing website users, permissions, and integrations with other HubSpot hubs.
What are the differences between Wix and HubSpot CMS?
The key distinction lies in each tool's purpose. Wix started as an accessible website builder that allowed novice users to create and design their own websites. HubSpot started as a marketing and sales platform that gradually moved into the CMS space.
This means different types of users tend to favor each tool. Wix is highly popular among independent bloggers and business owners who want to get simple sites up and running quickly. On the other hand, HubSpot has traditionally catered to marketers, although that's beginning to change as the tool stack does.
Whichever tool you choose should simplify the process of designing, building, and managing your web presence.
Advantages of Wix
There are many advantages to using Wix, such as the ability to create a website quickly and easily. Wix offers a wide range of templates and features, making it straightforward to build something fairly professional-looking. There's also a free version.
Advantages of HubSpot CMS
HubSpot CMS ticks all of the same boxes that Wix does: it's easy to use, affordable, and packed with a wide range of features. However, there are additional advantages of using HubSpot CMS, such as its integration with HubSpot's other hubs, advanced personalization capabilities, SEO optimization tools, developer-friendly features, and extensive customer support and community forums.
Disadvantages of Wix
There are a few disadvantages of using Wix to create a website:
- Wix sites aren't always compatible with mobile devices and may be slow to load.
- The Wix editor is easy to use at first, but it can get confusing when trying to do anything more complex than surface-level adjustments.
- It can be expensive to upgrade to a premium plan.
Disadvantages of HubSpot CMS
Some reasons you may not prefer HubSpot CMS include:
- Some of the best features, like integrated eCommerce capabilities and custom web apps, are only available with premium subscriptions.
- The CMS platform is built on HubL syntax, which might make it difficult for some web developers to customize.
What are the features of Wix and HubSpot CMS?
Both of these platforms include typical CMS features, like tools for editing and managing posts. They also both allow for basic search engine optimization (SEO)—the practice of adding headings, meta descriptions, code tags, and other elements that help sites like Google find your pages.
Neither tool outright restricts the types of content you can create either. You can use HubSpot or Wix to build landing pages, blogs, eCommerce sites, and more. Finally, both support plugins—that is, extra software you can use to add elements to your publishing workflow.
Features of Wix
Wix provides a range of features to consider when evaluating the platform:
- Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence): Wix ADI is an optional design assistant that automatically creates a website for you. It uses AI algorithms to generate a website based on your preferences and content. With Wix ADI, you can simply answer a few questions about your website's purpose and style, and the platform will generate a fully designed website for you. This is perfect for users who want to quickly set up a website without spending a lot of time on design.
- Drag-and-Drop Website Builder: Wix's drag-and-drop editor allows you to create and customize your website without any coding knowledge. You can easily arrange and modify elements to achieve the desired layout and design. Users can rearrange elements on their website, such as text, images, videos, and more. This gives users complete control over the design and layout of their website, without the need for any technical expertise.
- Wix Code: This feature enables you to add custom code to your Wix website, offering more advanced customization options for users with coding expertise. With Wix Code, you can add custom functionality to your website, such as database collections, dynamic pages, and custom forms. This allows users to create more complex and interactive websites, tailored to their specific needs. Whether you want to add a custom contact form, integrate a third-party service, or create a unique user experience, Wix Code gives you the flexibility to do so.
Features of HubSpot CMSHubSpot CMS offers a range of features tailored to marketers and businesses focused on growth:
- Drag-and-Drop Content Creation: HubSpot CMS allows non-technical users to create and manage website content using a user-friendly drag-and-drop editor. This simplifies the process of adding and arranging text, images, and other media elements.
- Templates and Modules: HubSpot CMS provides a library of pre-designed templates and modules that enable quick website creation. These templates are customizable, allowing you to align the design with your brand identity and easily prototype new pages.
- SEO and Social Media Tools: HubSpot CMS includes built-in tools to optimize your website for search engines and social media platforms. You can easily manage meta tags, keywords, and social media sharing settings to improve your website's visibility and engagement.
- HubSpot CRM Integration: The CMS integrates seamlessly with HubSpot CRM, enabling you to track and manage website leads and customer interactions in one centralized system. This integration enhances lead nurturing, sales processes, and overall customer relationship management.
- Security and Backup Tools: HubSpot CMS prioritizes website security, providing features such as SSL certificates, monitoring for potential security threats, and automatic backups. This ensures the protection of your website and data.
- Automatic Mobile Optimization: HubSpot CMS ensures that your website is optimized for mobile devices, offering a responsive design that adapts to different screen sizes. This provides a seamless and user-friendly experience for visitors accessing your site on smartphones or tablets.
How to decide which suits your business’ needs
If you have limited funds or are exploring different options, then you might find the free offerings of either tool suitable. However, it's important to note that they serve distinct user needs.
When to use Wix
Wix was born as an accessible tool that allowed novice users to create and design their own websites. If this sounds like you—an independent blogger or self-employed business owner creating their first website—then Wix might be the easiest way to get up and running fast.
When to use HubSpot CMS
However, HubSpot has consistently focused on serving marketers who are dedicated to optimizing and improving their websites to get the most from them. As a professional-oriented marketing and sales platform that grew into the CMS space, it's the best option for enterprises that want to expand their web presence and/or marketing reach.
Need help building your website?
Whether Wix or HubSpot is your best bet for building and managing a website will ultimately depend on what you want to accomplish. Wix might be sufficient if you just want to learn the ropes, while HubSpot is the better choice if you are more focused on day-to-day marketing, sales, and service activities.
At Eternal Works, we make it easy to create web presences that convert and engage. We'd love to chat with you about establishing or expanding your digital presence, so reach out today.
Unsure which platform is right for your needs? Whether it's Wix or HubSpot CMS, making the right choice is crucial for your web success. Our team specializes in guiding you through these decisions and building impactful web presences. Don't make this decision alone; reach out to us today for a free web design consultation, and let's find the best solution for your unique needs and goals.