The most successful businesses and organizations understand the value of networking on platforms like Alignable and LinkedIn. Networking enables you to build long-term relationships with other business owners, gain access to new opportunities, and expand your network.
If you're looking for ways to grow your business, it's time to start thinking about how you can use networking platforms to help achieve that goal. In this article, we will compare and contrast two of the most dominant B2B social media networks: Alignable and LinkedIn. We'll discuss their advantages and disadvantages, the audiences they attract, and how to choose the best platform for your business.
Let's start by defining the core elements of these networks.
What Is Alignable?
Alignable is a small business networking platform boasting over 35,000 communities and 7 million active members. It was founded in 2012 by two entrepreneurs, Eric Groves and Venkat Krishnamurthy, who wanted to create an easy way for local businesses to connect online. To realize this, they created a community-based networking site that allowed users to join groups based on their interests. These groups can then share ideas, ask questions, generate referrals, land new business, and more.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is one of the world's largest professional networks. Launched on May 5, 2003, it has grown into a powerful tool used by millions of professionals around the globe. Its mission is to make work meaningful through career development, learning, and growth. Today, it boasts over 810 million members worldwide, including executives from Fortune 500 companies, top universities, and leading brands.
How is Alignable different from LinkedIn?
The most significant difference between Alignable and LinkedIn is that Alignable focuses primarily on connecting small businesses, while LinkedIn caters to professionals. That means Alignable allows its users to build relationships with other business owners instead of focusing on job hunting or finding clients. Additionally, Alignable offers various features specifically for small businesses, such as email marketing tools, webinars, and product reviews.
In short, Alignable is the place to be if you're a small or micro-business looking to connect with other like-minded businesses that may be interested in your products or services. On the flip side, LinkedIn is suitable for larger companies looking to build their personal and business brands and connect with potential customers, partners, or employees.
- You can quickly boost your B2B sales through proven strategies like word-of-mouth referrals.
- You get to see which people have viewed your profile.
- You can easily find similar businesses near you.
- You can easily find related businesses.
- You can easily search within a certain radius.
- You can view all the groups of which you are a member.
- You get access to all the standard features offered.
- You can easily search for specific keywords.
- You can easily find jobs.
- You can quickly post videos.
- You can easily add links to your website.
- You can easily create ads.
- You can easily follow people.
- You don't get access to any advanced search features.
- There aren't many advertising options available.
- An invitation is required to join a group.
- There's a risk of identity theft.
- The potential for spam messages is high.
- Completing your profile can be time consuming.
- The premium package can be costly.
Audiences for Each Platform
What are the critical differences in the audiences that use each platform? Find out below:
Who Typically Uses Alignable?
- Small businesses wanting to grow their brand online and expand their customer base
- Business owners wanting to promote their business to new prospects and increase sales
- People who want to learn how to start their own business
- Entrepreneurs wanting to market their business to others
Who Typically Uses LinkedIn?
- Professionals seeking new opportunities or looking to build their professional networks
- Job seekers searching for career advice or help to land their next position
- Students looking for internships or entry-level positions
- Salespeople looking to sell their products or services
- Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs) looking to connect with influencers
- Consultants looking to connect and collaborate with experts
- Entrepreneurs looking to attract investors or acquire funding
- Anyone looking to meet new contacts
How to Choose the Best Platform for Your Business
Struggling to decide which social media networking site is right for your business? Here are some things to consider when choosing between Alignable vs. LinkedIn:
- Are you looking for new prospects or customers?
Whether you're selling physical goods or digital products, most companies need to reach out to potential customers. LinkedIn is probably the best place to start if this is what you're after.
- What's your service area?
Alignable will probably work well for you if you're a locally operated business. But if you offer services across multiple locations, LinkedIn may be more suitable.
- Is this a niche market?
If you're targeting a tiny segment of the population, both sites should be able to provide you with plenty of leads. If you're trying to target a larger audience, however, LinkedIn would be a better choice.
- Does it make sense to use both sites?
It's not uncommon for companies to use both sites. Many CMOs prefer to use both platforms because they can tap into different audiences. However, there are risks associated with this approach.
- Who is your target audience?
When deciding which network to join, you'll need to consider what type of people you'd like to reach. Are you looking for professionals? Students? Entrepreneurs? Do you want to find new clients or partners?
Who Should Use Alignable?
Essentially, Alignable is the best social networking platform for any entrepreneur who wants to create a solid personal and business brand. The main benefit of joining Alignable is that it connects your small business with other like-minded communities, enabling you to build lasting relationships and get more referrals.
Who Should Use LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is excellent for those who want to expand their professional network. Whether you're a student, entrepreneur, job seeker, consultant, or any other kind of professional, LinkedIn has something for everyone. It's also suitable for anyone who wants to establish themselves as a thought leader in their industry.
Want to learn more?
Ultimately, it all boils down to your personal needs, target audience, and business-specific goals. If you're looking to connect with other businesses in your field, Alignable is the way to go. On the other hand, if you want to attract new customers and expand your professional network, you'll find that LinkedIn has a lot to offer.
At Eternal Works, we take pride in helping businesses like yours reach their growth goals through our proven marketing strategies. To learn more about how we can help your business grow, contact us to schedule a call with one of our experts today! Or you can download our template to use hashtags like a pro!